The Historical Society acknowledges and respects the Darug and Gundungurra People, the Traditional Custodians of the area.
Woodford Station at 88.6km (55 miles) and 668m(2191ft) above sea level has an interesting history.
1868 Buss's Platform was opened at Twenty Mile Hollow.
1871 Buss's Platform was renamed Woodford after Alfred Fairfax's Essex home village.
1877 Woodford Platform was moved closer to Buss' Kings
Arms Inn, where trains had to cope with a 1in 33 gradient
1879 The timetable for the Western Railway indi cated that a rail journey from Sydney to Woodford could take 3 hours and 11 minutes.
1880 The Platform was moved to a site near the present station. 'In 1880, it was again moved, this time to a site of which there is a definite record and which the writers have seen, right at the site of the present goods siding and using the same approach, though there was nothing in the way of a siding in the days before 1896. All these changes were designed to improve the gradient for starting the steam trains. In wet conditions engines slipped on the tracks. Sand boxes were carried to overcome the problem.
1886 A crossing loop was added.
1896 Another crossing loop was added to save time. A series of curve improvements totalling 1m 54ch(3.4km) required heavy rock cuttings. The complete deviation from Bull's Camp to Woodford with hard cuttings can still be seen today. Ten curves of l2ch (240m) radius replaced 7 curves of 8ch (160m) radius and 3 curves of lOch (201m). On 12th December a fully-interlocked crossing loop was laid in to divide .the lengthy (in time) section between Linden and Lawson. 'No.8 Level Crossing was situated at Bull's Camp, midway between the sites of Linden and Woodford Stations, and the stone gatehouse, since removed, was on the South side of the line on the Sydney side of the gates where Mitchell's road crossed- the line.'
1902 It was replaced by a steel skew overbridge, at 55miles lOch (88.7km), spanning the new double line. The ramped approaches were responsible for thewaterhole excavation nearby, often mistaken for an historical relic. The duplication was taken through to Lawson in August and a temporary down platform was erected. On 13th December a new island platform with brick buildings was erected 10 chains (201m) down the Sydney side of the 1880 platform and approached from the Northern side of the subway, later extended to the Southern side. On 30th December a dead-end goods siding was provided on the up side on the site of the abandoned platform. A concrete arch bridge was also erected during duplication over a cutting near Woodford signal site opposite Park Road, serving the south-western side of the line at 56 miles 69ch (91.5km). It was replaced by a metal construction. Subway access was provided to the north and later extended to the south side.
1909 A timber signal-box was opened near the Western end of the building on 29th October.
1910 A level-crossing with a gatekeeper, opened at Woodford, giving access to residences on the South side of the line.
1912 The crossing was replaced by a concrete arch overbridge, serving the AppIan Way, over the nearby cutting at 55miles 76c(90km).  The main line crossover and a down connection to the goods siding were added in June.1922 Woodford Station was moved to its present site.
1923 To connect the two portions of Woodford Memorial Park, a timber footbridge of novel design, resemblng an 'A', was erected.
1933 In October the goods siding was removed.
1944 The Platform was extended to 600ft (183m) on the western side (Bourke end).1956 The 'A' bridge was dismantled as it was fouling the electrification clearance and its fate is still not settled. The concrete arch overbridge (connecting Railway Parade with Bathurst Road) was lifted in 1956 for the overhead wiring and is at mileage 57m 53ch (92.8km).
1957 The steam train, The Fish, ceased running on 4 March.